The conference is open to all evolutionary approaches to religion, but will focus particularly on themes relating to the current ISSR research project — Religion and the Social Brain.
Conference themes include the following:
- How religion gradually evolved, and when it really became ‘religion.’
- The interplay of social, biological and cognitive factors in the evolution of religion.
- The particular contribution of religion to social bonding and group size.
- The positive contribution that religion made to human evolution more generally.
- Evolutionary perspectives on contemporary religion.
- The theological and philosophical significance of the evolution of religion
A Call for Papers is currently open for this conference. The submission deadline for abstracts is May 27, 2019.
For all details, list of plenary speakers, and registration form and fees: https://www.issrconference.org